The Ignitor® III is the latest ignition module from PerTronix, an evolution of the Ignitor® and Ignitor® II series of electronic ignitions.
Ignitor® III features include:
- Multiple sparks thru the entire RPM range.
- Integrated Digital REV Limiter with LED feedback for precise RPM setting.
- Memory safe function stores settings, eliminating unintended changes to Rev limit.
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil performance and module reliability.
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay.
- Senses startup and increases energy for quicker, easier starting.
- Thermal clad surface mount construction for superior reliability.
- Built-in reverse polarity and over-current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.